Skip to main content

One of my clients recently had a very significant issue due to the way the Acumatica Customization Projects screen works when publishing customizations to the Customer Portal.  Because of the behavior of the publishing screens, a mistake was made that unpublished the portal project and opened up some security issues as the customization on the portal is used to restrict user’s access to Acumatica data based on some items such as the class of the user.

Here is the scenario:

We have a large number of projects published in ERP.  We have ONE project published in the Portal.  When you open the Customization Projects screen in the Portal, it shows all projects, both ERP and Portal.  The same is true in the ERP screen.  It shows everything.

In ERP, we have the Selected checkbox saved next to all projects EXCEPT the portal project.  If you try to publish a portal project in ERP, you will get an error, which is good.

If you open Customization Projects in the Portal, it shows all the projects and the Selected checkbox is checked even for non-portal projects. 

Since the Portal project is NOT saved as select in the ERP screen, it is NOT selected by default in the Portal screen.  If you simply click PUBLISH from the menu, it does 2 things that are BAD.

1.  It publishes ERP projects in the portal, at least is shows they are now published in the portal, and 
  2. MOST IMPORTANTLY, it will UNPUBLISH the portal project!

I understand that the process should be to unselect all, select your portal project(s) and click PUBLISH.

However, this is an EASY mistake to make.

I would like Acumatica to only show Portal customizations in the Customization Projects screen on the PORTAL and allow you to mark them as Selected and SAVED in the portal so they always get published when you publish from the portal.

I would like Acumatica to NOT show portal customizations in the ERP screen.

Let me know if anyone else has had this issue.  

We are experiencing the same issue. Has Acumatica mentioned anything about this to you yet?