Solved

The type or namespace name could not be found error when adding new DAC into Customer Portal & using corresponding namespace

• 21 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

When I’m doing a customization on Customer Portal I added a new DAC in PortalV1 namespace. 

However, Visual studio does not allow me to use that namespace in another class & it gives  “The type or namespace name could not be found” error. 

Any idea about fixing this issue?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by charithalakshan49 23 September 2022, 13:30

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @charithalakshan49,

I have created two DACs similar to your code and I didn’t get any errors.

Note: Please Try to add IsActive() method and make the DAC Extension class sealed.

Hope this may help you.

Thanks,

Moulali Shaik.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @charithalakshan49  It should not error but why do you want to use different namespaces? You can declare like below.

DAC:

using system;
using PX.Data;

namespace PortalV1
{
 [Serializable]
[PXCacheName(“MAContact”)]
public class MACustomerShippingAddress : IBqlTable
{
  // Fields
}
}

SOOrder Extended DAC:

using PX.Objects.SO;

namespace PortalV1
{
public class SOOrderExt : PXCacheExtension<SOOrder>

//Extended DAC fields here
}
}

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@MoulaliShaik79 @Naveen Boga I also tried the things that you suggested. But still I can not use any fields of DAC in SOOrderExt class & it gives the same error. Thanks for the response.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I moved the related DAC & Graph Extensions to the extension library and started to code in there. That problem did not occurred there.

Thanks.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved