Solved

Docusign Integration

• 4 December 2020
  • 8 replies

Hello,

I am looking for some additional info on the DocuSign integration available on GitHub.  Docusign has two different levels of licensing and I am being told this integration will only work with the higher level, called Business Pro, but can find no info to confirm that.  Does anyone have a definitive answer on whether you can use Docusign with Acumatica but only have the standard licensing that is published on DocuSign's web site?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Hughes Beausejour 4 December 2020, 16:15

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

@jrudacille94 ,

We use the eSign integration with DocuSign and have been using it since 2015. Our DocuSign subscription is Business Edition with 1 seat that we share with multiple Acumatica users.  I believe we needed this level in order to have API integration to work with Acumatica. Not sure if this is still a restriction under the current DocuSign subscriptions. I would suggest calling DocuSign to find out which level provides the API integration option (Apps and Keys). Hope this helps.

@jgress 

Thanks for your reply.  It was actually DocuSign that suggested I contact Acumatica for the answer on this which is why it is has been a little cloudy as to finding one.  But your answer jives with what they are say as to needing Business.   The licensing they are trying to sell us is not seat based vs document/envelope based in that we have unlimited login’s but a certain level of envelopes per year.  Not sure how that works with the integration which I think requires a singular log in.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

At first we just had a personal single subscription when we configured Docusign and worked perfectly.  We stepped through each subscription including Advanced with no issues.

@gmercede 

Thanks, if we can get one of those $25/MO subscriptions to work (knowing it will not be individual emails for each person since its just a single subscription) that is definitely the safer way to start.  We are being quoted several thousand a year with the Business Pro/unlimited users way of doing it. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Download the integration package from Acumatica Portal at this URL:

https://community.acumatica.com/add-ons-and-integrations-66/esign-integration-6592

(note: link updated on Sep 2, 2021)

This one contains a built-in DocuSign integration key. The package on GitHub does not.

I believe this is how Acumatica customer can sign documents without requiring a pro account which is reffered to as an integration key below.

eSign on GitHub

Acumatica eSign is an open source solution, additional information and detailed configuration instructions are available at the eSign Integration Repository on GitHub.

The deployment package on this page contains a DocuSign integration key that is not on GitHub. If you download the package from GitHub, you will need to get your own integration key from DocuSign.

@Hughes Beausejour

Thank you.  We may very well go this path and see if we can get it to work without the Pro License.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

To my knowledge, the Pro License/Integration Key is only required if you want to re-compile the GitHub project. We don’t want to share our license key so the open source project doesn’t contain it.

If you need to extend/modify the DocuSign integration, get an integration key from DocuSign, put it in GitHub project source and recompile it.

Most users just need to use the DocuSign integration as is. For this scenario you can download the binaries from the portal and this package should work with a trial version and low-tier plans.

https://community.acumatica.com/add-ons-and-integrations-66/esign-integration-6592

(note: link updated on Sept 2, 2021)

Userlevel 1

We have a question where the when we are using the esign, the user is unable to edit the files to begin the docusign process. This user is on the esign account. When he is in a file screen and clicks edit, it sends him back to his home screen.

Do you think its role security? Any other recommendations? 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved