Outlook Plugin Clear Cache

• 21 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

We have had some clients run into fairly frequent issues with the Outlook plugin stopping or ceasing to function. There are community posts out there related to removing the cache files. For some users this can be somewhat onerous or difficult for them to manage. To make this easier, I’ve created a batch file for windows. This batch file:

1. shuts down active Teams and Outlook processes
  2. Deletes the folders and files associated with the file path: %localappdata%\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Wef\

To install, just unzip the file and have the user put it in an easy to find location (desktop, temp folder etc).

This will not uninstall the plugin or reinstall it, but may help some users who are having periodic problems with the plugin ceasing to function.

Also note, this may only be applicable to the Outlook desktop app.

If anyone has other suggestions I can modify or add to the tool.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing this with the community @philr75!

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’d like to pose this question to our community. I get repeat complaints of the plugin not responding, or unable to locate contacts. Instructions were sent to clear the Outlook cache, and I posted this batch file to try to make it easier to do this. Are others having issues with continued use of the plugin?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved