Skip to main content

Our company (construction) is thinking about getting Velixo and there are a couple key things that Velixo could help us with, but wanted to hear what other things Acumatica users like to use Velixo for! 

Management accounting board packs

Disclaimer as I work for a VAR, not an Acumatica customer however I wanted to chime in because I believe in the power of Velixo :)

We have many customers who are very satisfied with Velixo.  In my experience, here is how I see Velixo used most often: 

• Quick and connected report generation.
  • Creating financial reports and consolidations.
  • Reviving old Excel sheets from legacy ERPs with updated Acumatica data.
  • Easy manipulation of Acumatica data in Excel (The universal language).
  • Regular writeback of data from Excel to Acumatica.
  • Sending emails with preformatted data from Velixo to users.

Hope this helps!

Thank you, Robert!

What are some cases that your customers use the writeback feature?

I was brainstorming dumping our credit card transactions from the bank site into excel and mass applying projects and tasks that they would go to and writing that back, but wasn’t sure if it would write back as an expense receipt (or cash purchase) or if it would just go to the ledger directly. 

Hi @ACunningham33 ! I’m so glad to see @Robert Sternberg followed up with you here ! I can confirm what you are looking to do is 100% possible using our Generic Writeback feature. It can write back to any page in Acumatica, allowing you to create expense receipts or cash transactions as needed.

Please take a moment see the feature in action here.

Don’t hesitate to reach out to me if you have any questions!

In terms of creative uses, this Velixo case study is quite interesting: https://www.velixo.com/case-study-daybreak-eggs/ -- Daybreak Eggs of South Africa uses Velixo Writeback to update Customer Prices on a regular basis.

Here’s another one: using Velixo for estimating and quoting: https://www.velixo.com/excel-as-a-cpq-tool/

We love Velixo and while I don’t think we have anything too creative, it has made a lot of our reporting so much easier. 

• All our financial reporting (FS, IS, BS, CF) with variance reporting to help find errors/anomolies at month end
  • Monthly bank reporting requirements - use velixo to easily update our monthly reporting that is required for the bank (i.e. financials, covenant calcs, etc...)
  • Detailed sales and vendor reports - use velixo & GI to bring in all our sales data and vendor data allowing us for some pretty detailed sales/spend reports
  • Monthly balance sheet reconciliations - the ability to have it connect to bring in transaction listing has been game changing and use to be a manual excel export in old system
  • Journal entries - Once we created a template, made it easy to import journal entries from systems outside Acumatica (i.e. Concur, payroll system, etc...)