Question

Use Tax in Inventory Management

Userlevel 1

Is anyone aware of how use tax can be calculated on the inventory management module?  

9 replies

Badge +18

Hello @elisemorban11 ,

Can you give an example transaction, please, details of your case? 

I usually see Use tax configured for items that are not inventory.  

For example, a company purchases a conference room table and the vendor did not charge tax, but should have charged tax… then we need to report Use Tax to the tax agency.

Thank you.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Laura02 ,

Thank you for your response.  It’s for a construction company that sells and rents equipment that moves from one location to the next.  If I get a different use case I will let you know, but this is the immediate one at this time.

Thanks,

Elise

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@elisemorban11 how are you currently tracking the sales and rental agreements between the locations in acumatica? is it via sales order or maybe PO/subcontract agreement?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@elisemorban11  Thanks for your question.  To clarify, the customer is using Inventory to track their equipment, not the equipment module? 

Userlevel 1

@iqraharrison48  Since it’s a construction company, I will assume that they will be using the PO/subcontract agreement.

Userlevel 1

@Heidi Dempsey  we have not implemented this customer, we are trying to find out if we can support them.  Is there an equipment module?

Userlevel 1

Also, is there a way to make it work where  the customer is taking goods out of inventory and moving them to a job site.  Would this work with PO/subcontract ?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @elisemorban11 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Badge +18

Hello @elisemorban11 ,

Inventory materials may be issued to a project in Inventory Issues screen. As Heidi mentioned, Equipment may also be moved to a job site. 

Your original question was about Use Tax, which is calculated on purchased items, not on sold items.

Hope this helps you.

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved