Solved

Tax Catogory selection in Change orders for Commitments

• 28 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi,

How the system selects the tax code for a change order created for a commitment update (Sub Contractors) ?

Thanks,

Dulanjana

icon

Best answer by joelhoffman 29 July 2022, 17:28

View original

6 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

In Construction → Transactions → Subcontracts screen, on the Details tab, the tax category defaults from the non-stock item.  This is from the help:

When there is no non-stock item on the subcontract detail line, the tax category defaults to blank, even if the Task of the Project on the same subcontract line has a Tax category associated with it. Tax category defaults to blank also when there is no project connected to the subcontract.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @laura01 ,

Thank you and Its clear about selection of tax category when we add a new line to the sub-contract.

But my issue was how tax category is selected when we add a new sub contract line through a change order. In my testing's, I could found that when creating sub contract line through Change order, System automatically selects the default tax category available in the tax zone attached to the vendor. 

If the tax zone consists of multiple tax categories, It always selects the default tax category. If the default tax category is empty, the tax category of the sub contract line becomes empty. and this cannot be modified. 

I’m looking for a method to specify the tax category in the change order if available. 

Thanks,

Dulanjana  

Badge +18

Hello,

I don’t see tax zone or category on change requests or change orders. I think the project tax is the next best idea.

What is your version of Acumatica?  In 2022 R1 we have Project Addresses & Project Tax Zones. 

If you are using 2022 R1, what is the Cost Tax Zone on your project?  If it’s empty and can’t be modified, look for a setting in Projects Preferences:  Calculate Project-Specific Taxes.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @dsenevirathne54 

We are working on several enhancements within the Change Request / Change Order workflow, and tax calculations are one of those.  I had worked with a client a while back and if a Tax Category was assigned to the Project Task, it was brought into the Subcontract.  There was still a timing issue with the Change Request/Change Order releasing, but you may want to see if that helps your situation.

In the meantime, please review, vote, comment on an existing Community Idea regarding taxes;

Thank You.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @laura01 ,

Thank you for your support. Seems the issue is a known one. I will look for a workaround as you suggested.

Thank you,

Dulanjana 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @joelhoffman,

Thank you for your comments. same as the tax issue, we do not have the option to select the sub account for change orders. Hope you have considered this too. 

Thanks,

Dulanjana 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved