Question

Running AP when project is closed

• 9 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Anyone know why I can’t run AP when a project is closed? I want to keep a closed job closed but if it has outstanding AP bills it won’t let me run an AP report… is there a workaround here?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@katiedavison hi katie! what version and build are you on?

Userlevel 3
Badge

@iqraharrison48  i am on 2023 R1 Build 23.103.0030 

Badge +18

Hello @katiedavison ,

I see that you are correct, I’m not able to choose a Completed project in Open AP Documents by Project or Open AR Documents by Project reports.

As a work-around, you may consider leaving the Project status Active while un-checking the Visibility Settings, to prohibit the use of a “nearly completed” project in new transactions.

For example, when Time Entries and Expenses are NOT checked, employees cannot enter time or expenses to the project in question.

Another idea is to change the report, or ask your Partner to change the report, to include Completed projects in the report.

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved