Solved

Purchase Order for Project - changing warehouse location on PO receipt will automatically change the Project ID to X ???

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Before I submit a support ticket, I want to see if the Acumatica community knows how to resolve this workflow. 

• Create purchase order for a project - using stock items as PO line items
  • Create PO receipt - change warehouse location from default MAIN to B1A1 (indicating the shelf that this was placed on
    • The system automatically changed the project ID to X - I cannot change this back.

The project is set to track inventory by qty and cost. The warehouse location does not specify the project because it is not designated to that project specific. We can put anything on shelf B1A1. We may receive project material, put it on B1A1, then move it to another location (Transfer) - but this material is project-specific, it is not inventory. Anybody know how to achieve this? 

icon

Best answer by Anacarina Calvo 23 May 2022, 16:30

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @sean21

What you are indicating seems like bug AC-229963 which is fixed on Acumatica 2021 R2 Update 12 Build 21.212.0039. See release notes for description of the bug and fix description: https://acumatica-builds.s3.amazonaws.com/builds/21.2/ReleaseNotes/Release_Notes_for_Acumatica_21_212_0039.pdf

Remember to link the Warehouse Location to the Project on the Warehouse form. 

Please upgrade and test again. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Thanks @Anacarina Calvo!! 

I was also informed that the workaround (if not upgraded to the patched version) is to click Line Details and change the location there, instead of the grid. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved