Question

Project / Revenu : Task only - Revenu budget tab : "Bad" Task description

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello, our project config is as is for revenue :

Configuration of the project

When we convert a project quote into a project, the system renames all items(tasks in our case, by the configuration above ) in the Revenue Budget table with the word "Aggregated", so we lose the description of the task (which comes from the task tab). The task descriptions must therefore be copied from the Task tab and pasted into the Revenu budget tab manually. Can we fix this?

Task Description

Result : Task description is not here

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@raphrf Thank you for your question.   Can you please show me the Estimation tab of the quote? Please include Inventory ID, Description, Cost and Revenue Account Group.  What version are you on?  I tested 23R1 and I have an Inventory ID on the Estimate

When I convert to project, I change the summary tab to show Task for the revenue budget

and the same description populates.

Where in the system do you see the description “Aggregated Revenu”?  Is that on the Account Group? Inventory ID?  We might need a case so we can look at the data better.  How many customizations do you have?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Acumatica 2022 R1 Build 22.113.0040 

This arrive only if you had more than 1 item / task in the project quote. If I have only 1 item / task, I have the same result as you have.

My target is to have the same description of the TASK TAB in the REVENU TAB, and not the item description like your picture, but task description(because it’s task only)

TASK NAMES

Description wanted for revenu task :

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@raphrf I was curious for sake of expanding on my own knowledge so tried on 22R2 but no luck with out of box functionality. In order to make it work you need some customizations for the time being. I am not sure if there is something in Acumatica queue for this configuration and enhancement or not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@raphrf please enter a case so we can understand the issue, investigate and escalate.  Thank you

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Is it here for creating a case?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@raphrf  Yes, it does not look like you have access.  Please try again and if not, please contact your Partner to enter a case for you .

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

What are the Project Properties for the Revenue Budget Level on your Project Template that you are using on your Project Quote.  If you update your template to be Task and Item (and Cost Code, if in Construction and is applicable) that should solve your issue for new quotes going forward:

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

What are the Project Properties for the Revenue Budget Level on your Project Template that you are using on your Project Quote.  If you update your template to be Task and Item (and Cost Code, if in Construction and is applicable) that should solve your issue for new quotes going forward:

It’s already like this in the templates

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Is your Revenue Budget Level set as Task?  (then it will aggregate at the task level)

If you update it to Task and Item (so that it’s the same as the Cost budget in my screen grab above) it should copy it over at the Task and Item level that it does on the Cost side.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Heidi Dempsey @raphrf 

Hi, I just had this happen earlier today and this happens when there are multiple lines on the project quote with the task.  if there isn’t anything that distinguishes the two lines outside of the description (either inventory ID, cost code, or account group) then the system would aggregate all the lines with the same total.  it would be very helpful if the quote used the description from the task as @raphrf stated.  

anything in the pipeline for acumatica to give us this functionality?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Today I had a closer look under the hood. It is a bit more complicated than what I personally thought and I see you guys also are pointing out some of the scenarios that results in aggregations. 
Also, I tried some customizations shortcuts using PMRevenueBudget RowInserted/ing as well as RowPersisted/ing Event Handlers to high jack the data middle of the way, alter and let system resume but the engine at the end did what it does. I had no luck with this shortcut approaches. I ended up overriding the ConvertToProject method and seems to work fine and as I expect now.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @raphrf were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

No solution apart from doing a customisation, i think that should be out of the box.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved