Solved

Project number in GL Accounts

• 17 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Does anybody know how to get the Project numbers is GL accounts.  In some accounts it has them and others it doesn’t.  We are a construction company so when reconciling GL accounts like retainage is very time consuming because the GL doesn’t have the project number that the retainage came from, it just puts in project X for non-project.  We spend a lot of time figuring out what transaction come from that project manually so we can reconcile the account.  There are many GL accounts that would be nice to have this.

icon

Best answer by rfairchild58 20 January 2023, 02:49

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Your observation is correct. I suggest you start a Product enhancement thread for retainage entries.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@andrew15 @rfairchild58 

I definitely agree it is a nice to have feature but each company has its own needs. Construction Companies care about projects, property management about their properties/units/leases, equipment rentals about equipment, distributions about distribution centers/warehouses… 

In addition the way GEs are processed and created is a bit more complicated than just debit/credit to accounts to expect same treatment for all accounts. Lots of preference’s settings and configurations have impact. For example if you post AP summarized is different than in detail and type of taxes and how are calculated  requires different treatment.

Creating idea will be a good start but it may never get into development or not get priority to be done in year or two. Depending on your special needs and how crucial it is for you, you can reach out to your Acumatica partner or independent developers here in community to address your issue and take away the pain of repeating time consuming tasks if possible within the systems constraints.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I will create an Idea.  I just find it odd that there is always field for the project number to go in, but there no way to determine or select that it uses that field.  I figured there would be a way to have acumatica use the field properly and we just had a setup issue because the field exists.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved