Solved

Project Notes Visible when entering a PO

• 13 July 2023
  • 4 replies

We are a construction edition user.  We would like to be able to display the notes saved to the project screen (CST.PM.30.10.00) when entering a PO for that project on screen (CST.PO.30.10.00). Some of our projects require only certain types of products and we would like that to alert our purchasing staff when they are creating a purchase order.

icon

Best answer by bfrancis68 14 July 2023, 23:47

View original

4 replies

Badge +18

Hello @bfrancis68 ,

In the Ideas section of the forum, a member entered a request for Pop-Up Notes to appear in more places, and Projects screen is one of them. If Projects could have Pop-Up Notes, the project notes would automatically ‘pop up’ when the project is added to a Purchase Order. Please Vote.

For now, you may like to add some customization, or possibly a business event to remind procurement staff to look at project notes.

Laura 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @bfrancis68 

Along with what @Laura02  suggested, you could create an idea for the product with Acumatica to copy from Projects to Purchase Orders like you can do with Sales Orders:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@bfrancis68 hi! you can transfer line level note details to purchase orders but i dont think you could transfer project notes.  if you add the details to the line level, when you go to add the item using the “add project item” button, the note will show up and is viewable. please see below: 

on the project:

on the purchase order: 

i hope this helps but i8f you do not use task and item for project level tracking, please share what you do and i can see if there are any other options!

Thanks,

Iqra

@iqraharrison48 Thanks for this idea.  I tested it and it is a way for them to bring the notes to the screen. We do use project task, but those tasks could have 100’s of parts per task code.  The work around I created was just add a budget line item that had no value and was labeled Project notes.  In this manner they can see the notes on the PO screen.  I did not find that adding the project item to the PO transferred the note that was attached.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved