Solved

Project inventory tracking settings cost layer error on Receipts.

• 22 May 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello Community,

We have a project which has Inventory tracking settings as Track by Project Quantity and Cost.
On the warehouses We have a location assigned to this project.

When creating a direct receipt to this location we are getting this error despite this location being related to the project. Kindly assit on what I might be missing. 

icon

Best answer by Heidi Dempsey 22 May 2023, 17:19

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Francis Njuku 

What is the costing method of that inventory item?

Userlevel 2

Hi @kandybeatty49 
It’s Standard Valuation Method.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

HI @Francis Njuku 

Is the Stock item mapped to the account group that is on that project?

Userlevel 2

The project is budgeted by task and cost code hence the Inventory item is not on the project. Is this what you are referring to ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Francis Njuku  you do not need a project on the location if you are using project specific inventory.   Also, the error is pointing to this field which should be project if using project specific inventory.  Hope this helps

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Francis Njuku i learned this the hard way too LOL but when you have track by qty and/or amount selected on the project side, you do not need to create a project specific location within the warehouse.  can you try issuing material without the location, that typically worked for me

Userlevel 2

Thanks @Heidi Dempsey that works. @iqraharrison48 thanks this is also true I can now do the issues 😊 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved