Solved

One specific cost code shows actual quantity of 58. However all transactions (hours) posted to that code should be over 300. Any idea why this is reporting incorrectly?

• 17 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

we have a job setup with a cost code of 01-0500 Labor. When I view this cost code from Projects > Cost Budget it shows Actual Quantity of 58. However the actual amount is well beyond what 58 x our hourly rate would be.

If I export all the time entry / payroll transactions that have hit that cost code, they are truly 315.5. And if I divide the ACTUAL AMOUNT / 315.5 that is accurate and correct.

So my question is any idea why the cost budget would be showing only 58 hours?

icon

Best answer by iqraharrison48 28 July 2023, 17:00

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@brandontfrank  Thanks for the question.  Is it just the quantity not reporting accurately?  Check the UOM on the transaction and the budget.  Do they match?  They probably do not so open Unit of Measure Screen [CS203100] and make a conversion for the UOM on the transaction to the UOM on the budget.  You can then recalculate balances and the quantity should update accordingly.  Hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@brandontfrank i had this issue before and found that the UOM was either not entered or didn’t match.  in order for the system to accurate show the quantity, the UOM must match (or have the conversion as heidi stated).

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Heidi Dempsey @iqraharrison48  I checked that and the Project Transaction Detail for that code shows HR for all UOM. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@brandontfrank have you tried to recalculate the project balance?

Badge +18

Hello, @brandontfrank ,

Did any of the Project’s transactions post to Cost Code 01-0500 and post to a different Account Group, or to a different GL account that is not connected to Account Group L?

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@brandontfrank  If  the project transactions all have HR for UOM and the Budget shows HR for UOM, and you have recalculated Project Balances and the quantity is still incorrect, please enter a case and let me know the case number so I can check on it.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@brandontfrank have you tried to recalculate the project balance?

@iqraharrison48 thank you - this fixed the issue. I wasn’t aware of the recalculate option!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved