Question

Multiple Progress Bills

• 14 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Searching for information on whether Acumatica Construction (Projects) will accommodate multiple Progress Bills based on stages of work.  Customer is looking to combine project financials (their current system forces each division to setup projects independently) If we support all three divisions in one single Acumatica Project, customer requires each PM to bill independently. 

Question can Acumatica have independent monthly Progress Bills. Is there any downside to supporting this configuration?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I think you are mixing a few things up.
can you have multiple progress billing over the life of project? Yes you can.

can you issue multiple progress for a project for the same time frame? Yes you can create multiple progress even by each Revenue Budget line in each bill.

Can bills be addressed to different clients for one project? Out of box no with customization yes. With some hesitation I would say even out of box yes but kind of hectic 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Apologies, i’m posting this via feedback from our consultant not active in this community forum.

From what I know we are working in line item 2 from your answer and maybe don’t need customization: Can you issue multiple progress for a project for the same time frame? Yes you can create multiple progress even by each Revenue Budget line in each bill

To do this then and satisfy the client, I believe we are asking each division to enter into the single project and bill out independently i.e., Claim no.1. Electrical division PM → Claim no.2. Partitioning division PM   → Claim no.3. Joinery divsion PM . All 3 different division PM’s generating new individual proforma invoice reference numbers for the same period (of one month).

Where we thought we could see it becoming messy is if a customer disputes progress at a later date for only one division, or if one division takes longer to approve progress subsequently holding up any of the other draft progress bills from release… But that would be a business decision process on how that is handled in follow up to the client 

Does that make better sense? We were worried about sequence and any customer headaches with proforma invoice references...

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

It is what the client should decide if it will work for them or not. If I’m not mistaken, at any give time only one proforna invoice can be on hold or pending. the rest should be posted 

I mean out of box of course

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@kemery You can ask your partner to demo this for you.  Divisions could be set up as tasks and they can be billed separately and progress billing is done at the line level so yes, many options.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved