Solved

Loading Project Initial Balances

• 19 December 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Does anyone have experience with loading project balances.  We have approx. 300 projects “live” that need to be brought over to Acumatica.  Once the projects are loaded, how best to perform a mass update on project cost / revenue received to date? 

If possible, just focusing on cost-to-date ATM.  We’ll make a very simple budget structure that just relates to “cost types”  Cost-to-date needs to be loaded against this simple structure.

icon

Best answer by Laura02 19 December 2022, 00:17

View original

9 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

Import project to date costs to Project Transactions screen with account and subaccount columns left blank so as not to duplicate costs that are already recorded on your GL.

Revenue lines should have negative amount (credits) and Costs should have positive amounts.

I recommend testing one project in your test environment to make sure you achieve desired results.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@kemery @laura01 

To add to Laura’s comment, please note this way your JC Transactions won’t have any link to GL Transactions because system will not generate GL Batches at all. Also, with this instructions in mind when you importing GL Transactions (if you import Trans not GL Balances) you MUST leave the Project Reference blank otherwise the GL Transactions will be generated in JC again. So Make sure your JC and GL Import batches are agreed before you proceed.

I wish Acumatica would allow importing GL Transactions with full reference to Job, Task, Cost Code, and Account Group to import GL Trans once and GL and JC updated together but it is not possible.

Badge +18

I wish Acumatica would allow importing GL Transactions with full reference to Job, Task, Cost Code, and Account Group to import GL Trans once and GL and JC updated together but it is not possible.

@aaghaei ,

If you want to import project transactions via GL, you can include Job, Task and Cost code. Then use the GL number that is linked to your Account Group. When importing from Excel, I use Vlookup on chart of accounts to convert data containing Account Group to GL account. When importing project detail via GL, use debits and credits, both revenue and cost numbers will be positive (no “-” sign in any financial amounts).

Thank you for adding this second option for the user to this thread. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@kemery  here is an article we have for importing Progress Billing which has several steps.  This might help you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Good to hear Acumatica has added (completed actually) this functionality to import JC transactions using GL Import scenarios. When in late 2020 I worked on my client data migration, it wasn’t available (only Job field was functional). I will use it next time.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@kemery  here is an article we have for importing Progress Billing which has several steps.  This might help you. 

Thanks Heidi, it doesn’t seem to allow me into any of these posted articles…. 

Any idea where I request the access the areas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@kemery

if you are not an employee of Acumatica clients or partners you will not have access to KBs. I don’t have access to share the resource either 😕 otherwise by linking your account to the corporate account you can get access

Userlevel 2
Badge

@kemery

if you are not an employee of Acumatica clients or partners you will not have access to KBs. I don’t have access to share the resource either 😕

Thanks!

We are a partner (Quest) but down here in Australia… so it is MYOB Advanced here… 

Surely we can qualify

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @kemery - you would want to work with MYOB to get the information for you. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved