Solved

Listing Customer Purchase Order number on invoices

• 22 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi all!

We are working on setting up Acumatica and was wondering if anyone else has a requirement that they have to have the customer purchase order number listed on the invoice we send and how they go about doing that?  We currently have set up an project attribute for the PO and have that show up the invoice.  There are instances where we will get a separate PO for a change order that we will need to list on the invoice but I am not sure how to go about doing that efficiently.  We also have instances where the customer requests us to invoice 3 separate PO for the same projects.  This would require us to change the PO number attribute before sending each invoice.  Any thoughts or ideas will be greatly appreciated!  

icon

Best answer by Laura02 23 November 2022, 21:09

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Is it possible to separate the work at the task level?  If your POs are on different tasks, you do have the bill separately option.

Badge +18

Hello,

You may try adding several (3?) attributes to represent the original customer PO Number plus potential for more. The second and third attributes will be optional.

Add logic to the Billing rule to include attribute 2 and 3 only when they are not blank.

Thanks for the replies!  

Laura01 - that sounds like a great option!  I have no idea how you do that though.  Is there any literature out there that can guide me through it? TYIA!

Badge +18

Hello,

Here is an example of how to add the Attribute to the Billing Rule.  Acumatica will then include the Attribute value on the Invoice Description or Line Description on which field is modified:

In my demo I have one project attribute called Time Zone that is shown below. Your example will include attributes PO1, PO 2. PO 3 etc. where I use Time Zone.

Now Time Zone (standing in for customer’s PO Nbr, use your imagination) will appear at beginning of invoice description.  Make sure Invoice description prints on invoice. 

If/then/else logic may be used in the above formula; use ‘validate’ button to check syntax of your if formula.

Badge +18

Hello @mlatt ,

Have we answered your question about adding customer PO to the Invoice? Thank you.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved