Skip to main content

Looking for what some others are doing in this area when it comes to Projects in the construction arena and rental equipment or company owned equipment. 

Historically we have tracked equipment (Containers, Skid Steers, Lifts, etc) by the rental company site or excel sheets. Now that we have moved into acumatica we would like to have one place to track thsi info but be able to tie it to the project in Acumatica while building out a dashboard for the staff that maintains this info. My initial thought was the equipment model in Services but that seems geared more towards equipment you are renting. Next I though maybe a something similar to the compliance model to track and be able to use that GI for a Dashboard. 

Curious to get some feedback from the community on what you may be doing or ides on how we could best accomplish this in the most effective manner.

@joshmcgrew acumatica has equipment time cards that you can specify certain costs too for different things, set up, run time etc.  

the only thing is that the time card has to be filled out and isn’t automated so not sure if that’s ideal for the high volume HB has. Is this for the residential side or commercial side? 

Commercial side only at the moment for HPL but I imagine this will become a conversation again for our other HB companies. Right now that team is having to rely on vendor specific dashboards and such so we are trying to consolidate, your aware of our volume could really appreciate a central place to monitor. I looked at that option, thats how i ended up looking at compliance as I think a more ideal solution may be a GI thats editable and we could leverage for dashboards. 

@joshmcgrew how many pieces of equipment do you have, that you would use on the commercial side? How many of those would you use on one project on a weekly basis? 

@iqraharrison  Could be just a Container for storage of material or could be additional items. 3-4 per project depending on job phase and needs would be a safe estimate. 

@joshmcgrew, I would recommend checking out our ISV partner Assignar. They have a great Operations package that includes scheduling resources (equipment & labor), forms & field data, reporting & analytics and progress tracking. The integration with Acumatica is fully baked and on its 2nd or 3rd iteration. I could introduce you to their folks for a conversation if you’d like.

https://www.assignar.com/

@mike.gillum We have already they cant handle our volume is where we landed after a meeting with them. But thanks for the suggestion & offer. 

@joshmcgrew another question, is this to track information, as in when the equipment arrives and things like that or is it to create a journal entry for costs? 

@iqraharrison  to track arrival, schedule pick up and time on site, overdue status if exceeds expected return date, maybe a couple other items. what equipment is where. so just to track information. Currently he’s tracking this from multiple vendors and would really like one central place but it would all be informational. 

@joshmcgrew ProjectManager.com might be a good fit for what you guys are trying to do. Here is a link to their website. I could introduce you to these folks if you’d like a conversation or demo with them.

https://www.projectmanager.com/industries/construction-project-management

@mike.gillum That has my attention let me for multiple reasons. I May be in contact regarding that.

@joshmcgrew, happy to help. Shoot me an email when you’re ready for a conversation. mike.gillum@acumatica.com 

We implemented project management module in order to use daily field reports which is the only way to track hours for multiple pieces of equipment on a particular job on a particular day. We then created an import scenario that mass releases the equipment timecards/time activities so that we can run project billing to our customers for a bluebook rate for the use of our equipment on a job. Not sure if this is your use case but we went in circles for months before discovering the project management module. Equipment timecards by itself is useless - really not sure how anyone with alot of equipment is using this functionality