Skip to main content
Solved

How to report on unbilled project lines?

• 12 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Hopefully I am missing something obvious - Is there a report or GI that can show unbilled project lines for all projects and their expected billing amount when project billing is run?   

I supposed I can build a new GI or modify existing Project Transaction Details GI to allow filtering on the Billable and billed fields, but don’t see a way to show the expected billing amount based on billing rule and rate table on each task.

Also I need to see available Progress Billing lines too, which are available in Project Transaction Details

Thanks in advance.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@jlian37 I didnt find a report but I do see a process that might give you what you need.  The reverse unbilled transaction screen (PM505000) can be found in the construction workspace: 

this screen allows you to filter by a few things including project and customer and you could export to excel: 

however, I believe this will only work for t&M, when I specified anything related to progress, nothing showed up. 

if this screen isn’t able to help, I think your next best option would be to create a custom GI leveraging the billable and billed checkboxes!

hope this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks @iqraharrison.  Unfortunately as the documentation states, Reverse Unbilled Tranctions will only show allocated transactions that are billable, it doesn’t show billable transactions not requiring allocation, or progress billing lines…

Sounds like I need to submit a request and wait, or develop something as the OOB custom GI won’t be able to calculate billable amount by looking through billing rules and rates.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@jlian37 yeah, reading back i realized you did mention the need for the report/GI to calculate billable amount. Definitely sounds like a customization.

you could also post this to the idea forum for others to vote on, if it gets enough traction, acumatica could consider it 😁