Skip to main content

hello,

I have a scenario where we have multiple rates for lets say one employee on multiple projects. How can i setup my allocation rule that whenever an allocation transaction is ran, it takes in the rate specified for the particular project?

Thanks.

Hello Harry,

Please consider setting up Rate Tables and Rate Lookup Rules in project module, to manage different employee rates on different projects.

Here is a link to Acumatica End-User training, free on Acumatica Open University:

https://openuni.acumatica.com/courses/project/end-user-course-accounting-for-projects/

Laura

Hello Harry,

Please consider setting up Rate Tables and Rate Lookup Rules in project module, to manage different employee rates on different projects.

Here is a link to Acumatica End-User training, free on Acumatica Open University:

https://openuni.acumatica.com/courses/project/end-user-course-accounting-for-projects/

Laura

But its like Employee A will have different rates on 10 projects. So I would be running an allocation rule for each of these projects, where when the Employee will enter in their hours for Project A, the allocation rule should calculate the amount that is defined for that Employee for Project A. And similarly for the rest of the projects. Or do I need to customize it?

Hello Harry,

Laura

Hey @Laura02 ,
So what I did now is, I setup the Rate table, Rate Type, Rate Lookup Rule, and defined a rate for one project and one employee.
Now similarly if I would create multiple rate tables (under Profiles section) for different employees/projects then how can apply these rate table in the allocation rule. Since we only have the option to select the Rate Type.
Then how would I define in the Calculation settings?

Hello,

There are many ways to set up Rate Tables. I recommend engaging your Acumatica Partner/VAR to help you configure Rate Tables.

Example rate table that defines rates using employee’s title as Non-stock Labor item:

In Billing Rules (not shown) & Allocation Rules (shown below), the Amount Formula may reference the Rate from the Rate Tables. Here is one example of Amount Formula that uses rate from the rate table in the calculation:

Here is a second example of an Allocation Rule that uses a rate from a Rate table in calculations (this time, QTY times rate):

Here is a third example using BillableQty times rate from rate table:

Additional sources:  Acumatica Open University Project Accounting course.

Laura

Hey @Laura02 ,
I followed the above steps, but when I enter the hours in Employee Time Cards, the allocation takes the Rate =1

Defined this rate one project and an employee

And when I punch in the hours (Employee Time Card), it is taking in the rate from Labor Cost Rates.

hey @Laura02 ,
I found the gap. I needed to define the respective rate table at the Summary & task level of the project:

Thank you so much for your help. I would have given you more than 100 Likes 😇 for your answer but unfortunately we have only 1 to give.

Thanks, Harry, for a very nice comment! 

Laura

@Chris Hackett , I like Harry’s idea - can Acumatica Community allow 100 Likes? 😆 

Laura

🙄 LOL