Question

How do you automate execution of Validate Project Balances so Acumatica tables used by Velixo remain current?

• 22 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

While getting our custom Acumatica WIP report to work, we built a Velixo WIP report. While comparing to two, many discrepancies traced back to Validate Project Balances not having been run a given projects.

As a stop gap, we scheduled Validate Project Balances to run every 15 minutes while we monitor for collateral damage.

We are considering a business event to trigger when a relevant project update is made, so would like to know how others are fulfilling this requirement.

Thank you,

Dave Z

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Interesting. I’ve heard of scenarios like this for Validate Inventory, but not for Validate Project Balances. @Gabriel Michaud might have some thoughts on this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks for tagging me in this post Tim.

Dave - I really think we need to get to the bottom of this and find what is causing the summary tables in Acumatica to go out of balance. The Validate Project Balances process should not have to used at all as part of normal operations. This has been going on for a long time now and you’re not the only company still experiencing the issue. Acumatica told me that this had been addressed but I know it’s still occuring with recent versions. 

The issue does not only impact Velixo - if you use the built-in Analytical Report Manager, or any report that relies on the PMHistory table, you will see the same issue.

Do you have any idea what type of transaction is causing the discrepancy? I was never able to replicate this issue. On the few occasions I was able to take a look at a database, the differences in the report vs actual data didn’t provide any clue.

I am flying back from Acumatica Summit in a few minutes but will reach out to Acumatica as soon as I can get Wifi signal - in the meantime if you can make a snapshot containing a “corrupted” project or find a few clues as to what’s causing it to happen that would be helpful! Please send me an email with the project ID and I’ll check it out.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved