Skip to main content
Solved

Error when running project allocation - Given key was not present in the dictionary

When I run Allocations by Project,  I am getting an error message of  “ The given key was not present in the dictionary.” but only on one project.  All of my other allocations ran without an issue.  The project was setup from a template like all the projects are.  It only has one cost on it for the month. I checked the one cost that hit and there was nothing unusual about it.  Everything except the amounts and the customer appear to be the same on this project versus the other projects that ran without issue. 

Any ideas of where to look for the issue?

5 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

Is there any more detailed errors/messages/information in Tools → Trace?

Do you see the same error when running Allocations for your new project while customization projects are temporarily un-published?

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@eucciferri35  The allocation runs using the previous transactions.  Common errors are using the source for the account or subaccount on the credit side.  

and as @Laura02 said, the Trace can help too.

Userlevel 1

Hi Laura,

Here is what is showing up in the trace log:

I haven’t tried unpublishing customization projects. I didn’t want to do it while people are in the system.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @eucciferri35 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 1

Yes there seemed to be a system glitch with the allocation rule and the specific template for the project in question. It happened to be the only project open with that template at the time.

I ended up going to the template used for the project clearing out the allocation rule field then saving it.  I then added the allocation rule back in and saved it.

Then I went back into the project cleared out the allocation rule and saved it then added the allocation rule back in and saved the project.  It worked without an issue after that.