Skip to main content

Is there a way to define the markup percentage (%) at the project quote level?  E.g. I have an old quote that I need to modify and I would like to change the mark-up percentage from 25% to 40% to cover material cost increases.  Is there a way in the system to do this?  Attributes?

@chighfield you could use an attribute to define the default markup and then use that attribute as part of your billing rule.  the only thing is, if you are using the default markup percentage on change requests, then it would be best to specify that on the defaults tab so it automatically pulls in but if it’s just to for billing, you should be fine with using the attribute.

this formula has worked for me in the past and I use it on the billing rule, line formula amount:

=

if you have a test environment, I would test it out there to make sure the results are as desired!

Can you confirm that the billing rule is used in the project quote?  Currently it is taking the mark-up % from the non-stock item.

@chighfield hi! apologies, i think i misunderstood the question originally.  i assumed this was for when you converted a quote to a project.  I didn't realize it was pulling from the item profile.  

if you updated the price of the items in the system to reflect the new markup percentage, you should be able to select recalculate pricing by clicking the three dots on the project quote.   

i looked at the default markup percentage and it looks like that’s related to the markup percentage on change requests only: 

is this the field you are referring to: 

Indeed it is.

@chighfield that markup updates pricing on the project quote line items? i couldn’t get it to work that way on my end, do you have a customization at all? if not, can you share one of your screenshot of how you have yours set up

We do have a customization to make that work, now that you mention it.  Just looking for a simple way to adjust the individual line prices.  Another example is that we might want to discount something for a preferred customer or price something more competitively for a job that we really want to win.  Can the discount be set at the customer level? 

@chighfield yes, you can set up customer specific pricing using sales prices or you can use customer discounts.  if its on a case by case basis, then i would just do it at the project quote level.

if recalculating prices didn’t work, you’re best bet is to update it via import scenario