Solved

Construction Project - Trouble to linking Project ID with Sales Order

• 21 July 2022
  • 3 replies

HI All,

We are struggling with Construction Function, when I create SO and link with a Project ID, I will get this warning and cant save. But if I check -project ID, it works.

Cant save if link SO with Project ID
dont link with Project ID

Do you have any idea for this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Yên Chi

icon

Best answer by Laura02 21 July 2022, 14:28

View original

3 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

I expect the problem is related to project-specific inventory. Is the option for project-specific inventory Enabled or Disabled? Do you have any quantity on hand in the CV-21-A007 Project’s inventory location? 

I expect the project -specific inventory is ON with 0 quantity in this project’s location.  Therefore when you choose the project, the system tells you there is no quantity on hand.

Hello,

I expect the problem is related to project-specific inventory. Is the option for project-specific inventory Enabled or Disabled? Do you have any quantity on hand in the CV-21-A007 Project’s inventory location? 

I expect the project -specific inventory is ON with 0 quantity in this project’s location.  Therefore when you choose the project, the system tells you there is no quantity on hand.

Yes, the trouble was caused by I checked on Project-Specific Inventory.

If I uncheck on that, it may cause unexpected results. Do you have any idea on “unexpected results” that we may get?

Thank you for your kind advise,

Yên Chi

Badge +18

I think if there is no quantity on hand in any project-specific warehouse-locations, or if there are no project-specific warehouse-locations set up, it is OK to turn off the above feature without ramifications. Especially if you just turned it on recently and did not yet configure the feature.

If the ramifications of turning the feature back off are not mentioned in the help, it may be a good idea to ask support, ask your partner, or try turning it off in a test copy first. Test by making sure you can still receive & sell inventory prior to performing the same change in live.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved