Solved

Change Order Costs

• 12 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

Have a question on how to deal with change order costs: 

I will use an example of a time and material ticket.  We have a dummy cost code setup for change order costs that happen before an approved change order is processed.  Therefore, we have a dump code that is accruing change order costs and then I’m going in and entering the cost budget side AGAIN when the change order gets approved.  Not only now am I doubling the costs but Acumatica does not know that the costs in the dump code are related to a change order - it’s getting bundled into the original cost budget. 

How can I handle this so that these costs can at least go towards the change order after the fact? 

icon

Best answer by Laura02 13 December 2023, 02:59

View original

1 reply

Badge +18

Hello, 

What tasks are you using on the change orders, and on actual transactions that relate to the change order before it’s been approved?

One idea that may work: 

I’ve seen construction clients add new project tasks to represent Change Orders and number them like CO 1, CO 2, CO 3 etc. These tasks may be activated and used in actual transactions before the change order is approved. If the Change Order is rejected, any actual costs spent  toward the change order will be posted correctly on the project. If the change order is approved, then budgeted revenue and costs from change order come through on the same new Tasks.

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved