Solved

Can not create the Project Related Purchase Order using Stock Item

• 25 November 2021
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi, 

I was trying to create a Purchase order adding Project and Task. Using the Stock Item.

It is showing following error. have there any additional Configuration need to be done?

Regards

Nethupul

icon

Best answer by vkumar 25 November 2021, 12:11

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @NAthukorala47  Can you please uncheck the below “Create Pro Forma on Billing” checkbox and verify.

Create Pro Forma Billing option is used for below purpose, due to this might be getting that warning.

Userlevel 3
Badge

HI, 

I did the above action plan and Issue was same. 

I attached Project Task to one Location and did the Test scenario. 

Then system allow to create the PO. But When GRN time, system not allow to change the Location. 

Giving and error.  It is always allowing Which i attached Location. 

Can not change the Location when doing the PO receipt. 

I need to know What is the Intended Functionality when create the Stock Item PO regarding attach Location to task. If we mention any Task in warehouse Location Level, same Location need to be used as Receipt Location?

Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @NAthukorala47 

What version and build of Acumatica are you on ? If you are on 2021r2, can you check what option is selected for Inventory tracking on Summary tab of Project for Inventory Tracking ?

Here is relevant help documentation which explains the process of using Stock items on Projects.

https://help-2021r2.acumatica.com/(W(5))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=c88fde12-24c2-4b9b-af43-25854318d4f9

Hope this helps,

Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @NAthukorala47 

Adding to my previous post, the ‘Project specific inventory’ feature was introduced on 2021r2. Refer to page 296 which explains the functionality. This allows you to assign a Warehouse Location not linked to specific Project /Task. 

https://acumatica-builds.s3.amazonaws.com/builds/21.2/ReleaseNotes/AcumaticaERP_2021R2_ReleaseNotes.pdf

Hope this clarifies. 

Regards,

Userlevel 3
Badge

We are using 2021 R1. 

There is No ‘Project specific inventory’  feature. 

Could you mention what is the different between those two with examples?

Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @NAthukorala47 

On 2021r1, to use Project/ Task on Stock item receipt, one has to assign required Project and Task to the warehouse location first.

So, the Project and Task can be linked only at Warehouse Location level.

One has to receive above warehouse location, if you intend to link PO receipt to the Project and Task.

In your case,

• Warehouse location used on Purchase order is not linked to Project and Location
  • PO has approval workflow applied, hence, its not allowing you to change the location on PO receipt. If you disable approval workflow, it allows you to change location on PO receipt

Hope this clarifies.

Regards,

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have initially added the Project Task to Location. My question is during the Procurement cycle, only i can access this location. or in Receipt time can i use different Warehouse Locations. 

because system allow one Location to one task assignment. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @NAthukorala47 

That is possible on 2021r2. In addition, in your case, if Approval is enabled, it wont allow you modify the location on PO receipt ( this behavior is same on 2021r1 and 2021r2). 

Regards

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi, 

Which Approvals? Is it PO approval?

Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @NAthukorala47 

You are correct. The error reflected on the screenshot you sent earlier, does indicate that PO Approval is enabled on your instance. Hence, its not allowing you to modify a column value on PO receipt. 

Regards,

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved