Solved

Bill Posting to AP But Not GL?

• 21 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey there - 

Upon reconciling our AP balance sheet account.  For the first time, we are having a discrepancy. We noticed that starting in March, there are bills that got posted to AP but not to the GL.  They were coded and treated the same as all the other ones.  These bills have been paid and everything and still haven’t hit the GL. 

Anyone know of this issue and why this could be happening? 

icon

Best answer by Laura02 21 July 2022, 18:39

View original

6 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

If all bills since march, or a group of sequential bills did not post, then I can guess migration mode may have been turned on in AP Preferences screen.

Check User Security → Access History screen for the date range in question to see whether anyone accessed AP Preferences screen:

If some AP Bills posted and some did not, intermittently and no one accessed aP Preference to turn on/off migration mode, can you confirm whether there is a GL batch connected to the finance tab of the  Bill?

Userlevel 3
Badge

There is a batch number and it is saying “unposted” ! It is intermittent.  There is no rhyme or reason behind why this is happening. 

Badge +18

Hello Katie,

There is another option in AP Preferences to indicate whether AP documents should post on release. Maybe sometimes this is set to Yes and sometimes it is not checked/set to No.

In the case where the batch is Unposted, the batch can be posted in Finance (GL) screen Post Transactions.

It is normal and correct that released but not yet posted bills can be paid. The option to post as a separate step is needed for larger companies to meet Sarbanes Oxley rules for division of responsibility. Most companies have the Post Automatically options clicked ON. There is the same option in all preferences screens for modules that have the ability to post to GL.

HTH

Badge +18

PS. Consider access rights to AP Preferences so people cannot turn settings on/off…. 🙂

Userlevel 3
Badge

hey laura thank you! posting settings verify that it is set to auto release and migration mode is NOT on.  

I will get up with my VAR to help I guess? 

Badge +18

Hi,

I’m not sure you need your VAR → you can do this if you have rights.

To avoid people turning off/on auto-post setting, see who made the changes in Access History as mentioned above, and retrain them.  Or change their access to block AP Preferences access. Usually this means, take them out of AP Admin and place them in AP Clerk.

To post your AP Bills to GL, go to Finance → Processes → Post Transactions. Click Post.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved