Solved

Attribute not showing up on Project Attributes

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

i have a client who would like to add an attribute to projects, however, the project attribute screen doesn’t appear to show the newly created attribute.

the goal is to set up the attribute to be able to select the specific employee leveraging the scheme object.  We specified PX.Objects.CR.CREmployee with “AcctID” as the Scheme field so that we can select the correct employee but it doesn’t appear to show up on the Project attribute side/get this error:

am i looking at this wrong? is there a way to create an attribute that would allow someone to select from the list of employees that in the system or would the selections need to be specified in some sort of drop down box?

TIA!

icon

Best answer by joelhoffman 1 May 2023, 20:46

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Owner might be a reserved word since it’s used on the project for the Project Manager field. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@tommaricle43 i created a new attribute called SP and copied the settings from the owner attribute and it still doesn’t show up on the project attributes drop down list.  I think it has to do with the scheme object because if I change the control type to combo, it becomes visible as an option.  would there be another scheme object that I could use that would provide me with the list of employees to select from?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@tommaricle43 i created a new attribute called SP and copied the settings from the owner attribute and it still doesn’t show up on the project attributes drop down list.  I think it has to do with the scheme object because if I change the control type to combo, it becomes visible as an option.  would there be another scheme object that I could use that would provide me with the list of employees to select from?

Hi @iqraharrison48 

Have you tried using the Attribute within a User Defined Field?  I created an attribute to mirror your definition, and another using ‘PX.Objects.EP.EPEmployee’,  Both are available as a User Defined Field tied to the project;

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@joelhoffman thank you for sharing that! i set that up in the client’s site to see if they are okay with using UDF.  does this mean that it’s not possible to add it to the attributes tab?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@iqraharrison48 , I did not dive deeper into the attribute messaging, I wanted to see what occurred when using a UDF.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved