Solved

Allocation rule not generating PM transactions

• 31 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello all,

I have been trying to run an allocation rule that should generate a Project trxn of the type PM. The allocation rule is to run whenever an Expense Claim is released for the particular project. But at the moment it is directly creating a project trxn of type AP and also creating an AP Bill. What i would want is I would first like to run the allocation rule to the unbilled part/WIP and then generate an AP Bill. How to achieve this?

So here, before the Project trxn of AP is generated I would like to generate of the type PM. And it should not effect any of the Debit/Credit parts.

How can i get this done?

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Laura02 1 February 2024, 17:48

View original

6 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

First, let’s confirm whether I understand your question:

Badge

I have been trying to run an allocation rule that should generate a Project trxn of the type PM. The allocation rule is to run whenever an Expense Claim is released for the particular project. But at the moment it is directly creating a project trxn of type AP and also creating an AP Bill. What i would want is I would first like to run the allocation rule to the unbilled part/WIP and then generate an AP Bill. How to achieve this?

It seems like you are saying that your PM Allocation Rule has “directly created” an AP Bill and an AP PM transaction.  Allocation Methods do not create AP Bills or PM Transactions of AP Type.  I think your Expense Claim has created the AP transactions.

If you want the Allocation Rule to create transactions before/without the Expense Claim being released first, then the Allocation method needs to be based on a Budget (such as travel budget) instead of Original Transactions.

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello,

First, let’s confirm whether I understand your question:

Badge

It seems like you are saying that your PM Allocation Rule has “directly created” an AP Bill and an AP PM transaction.  Allocation Methods do not create AP Bills or PM Transactions of AP Type.  I think your Expense Claim has created the AP transactions.

If you want the Allocation Rule to create transactions before/without the Expense Claim being released first, then the Allocation method needs to be based on a Budget (such as travel budget) instead of Original Transactions.

Laura

Is it possible to run allocation on transactions instead of budget?
Coz i would be calculating the Unbilled AR.

In the same allocation rule I have been running the Labor expenses, that would be recorded via Time card. So for Project Transaction generated, the WIP to be calculated for Labor expenses should multiply the Time card Amount x3 nd for Travel expenses the allocation amount should be the same as that of Expense Claim.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Or can you let me know how can an employee record the travel expenses, instead of Expense Claims?

i just went through the Allocation Rules created in Sales Demo snapshot, that has the travel expenses mentioned, so how would these expenses be calculated. On what basis?

Badge +18

Hello,

I suggest you work with your Partner to understand how expense claims work and how project allocations work. Working with your partner who understands your business and your needs is the best way to configure allocation methods.

You are showing me the only two options for allocations (transactions or budget).  These are the only two options that can be used for the basis of Allocation Method calculation rules.

When you allocate by Budget, you don’t need a transaction such as Expense Claim (travel receipts like Airline ticket, Tolls, Parking, Hotel).

When you Allocate Transactions, you do need a transaction first such as Expense Claim (travel receipts like Airline ticket, Tolls, Parking, Hotel).

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello,

I suggest you work with your Partner to understand how expense claims work and how project allocations work. Working with your partner who understands your business and your needs is the best way to configure allocation methods.

You are showing me the only two options for allocations (transactions or budget).  These are the only two options that can be used for the basis of Allocation Method calculation rules.

When you allocate by Budget, you don’t need a transaction such as Expense Claim (travel receipts like Airline ticket, Tolls, Parking, Hotel).

When you Allocate Transactions, you do need a transaction first such as Expense Claim (travel receipts like Airline ticket, Tolls, Parking, Hotel).

Laura

Can you share an alternative to Expense Receipts/Claims? As we are looking to use allocation on Transactions instead of budgets.

Badge +18

Hello Harry,

When not using Budgets to allocate, a travel expense transaction must be entered & released before your allocation can be calculated.

Alternatives to expense claims:

1. Directly enter your travel expenses on an AP Bill with the project and task on the AP Bill. 
  2. Use AP Quick Check to record the travel expenses with Project ID.
  3. Use GL to record travel expenses with Project ID.
  4. Use PM Transactions to record the travel expenses.

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved