Solved

AIA Report (PM644000) - Issue when Project Task invoice Separately

• 6 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

We are having an issue with the AIA Report (PM644000). When we have the Project Tasks selected to be “Invoiced Separately”, the Main page of the AIA Report is including the entire contract values (all Project Tasks), instead of only including the amounts for each specific project task. The Continuation page is exact & only shows the Project Task that is being invoiced.

Is there an easy way to have the AIA report be project task specific when Invoiced separately is selected?  

Let me know if you have a better idea, or need clarification. 

Thanks, 

icon

Best answer by ChrisWeidner 10 August 2023, 17:58

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @ChrisWeidner ,

I will need to test some things, but wanted to know if you needed a new Pay Application Number for each Invoice.  The ProForma holds the Pay Application Information, so I need to know if you anticipate three AR Invoices, tied to same ProForma/Pay Application Number or Three AR Invoices / Three ProForma / Three Pay Apps.

Thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @joelhoffman ,

As an example, The customer requires each Project Task to be invoiced separately. This requires 3 project tasks to be invoiced via AIA, we need 3 proforma’s, 3 AIA application’s, 3 AR Invoices. The documents would be specific to a single Project Task. (Task 001 AIA, Task 002 AIA, Task 003 AIA).

I was able to modify the report for the AIA to use the SUM totals from the continuation page. This worked to make the AIA summary (Line 1-9) match the continuation page. The information is either Formula base or  PMRevenueBudget. For example, for Original Contract Sum (Line 1), I switched to =SUM([PMRevenueBudget.CuryAmount])

The only piece that I cannot seem to make Project Task Specific is the Change Order Summary. These are specific fields that are application based. (Previous Application CO & Current Application CO). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ChrisWeidner would creating separate projects for this type of scenario be an option? 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @ChrisWeidner were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge

As an example, The customer requires each Project Task to be invoiced separately. This requires 3 project tasks to be invoiced via AIA, we need 3 proforma’s, 3 AIA application’s, 3 AR Invoices. The documents would be specific to a single Project Task. (Task 001 AIA, Task 002 AIA, Task 003 AIA).

I was able to modify the report for the AIA to use the SUM totals from the continuation page. This worked to make the AIA summary (Line 1-9) match the continuation page. The information is either Formula base or  PMRevenueBudget. For example, for Original Contract Sum (Line 1), I switched to =SUM([PMRevenueBudget.CuryAmount])

To update the Change Order box on Summary.

I was able to modify the groupings in the report writer. The grouping proforma.RefNbr , if I added an additional grouping to group by TaskID , this would split up the applicable change orders on the summary of the AIA. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@ChrisWeidner I get what you are trying to do, the system does not easily allow for adding multiple contracts towards a single project. 

What I do, is create separate projects for each contract (revenue budget). I never attempt to have one consolidated Project that includes multiple contracts or multiple AIAs in it, I find the functionality to be incredibly obtuse this way. 

What I’ll typically do is create an attribute field that I refer to as “master project” and then will rewrite the project summary inquiry (quick copy and paste) design to pick up and group these master project IDs instead of the job IDs to show consolidated balances across multiple projects as one line item. 

That way each project refers to one, specific contract, while still allowing for consolidation of the grouped “master project”

Otherwise, you’ll need to rewrite the entire AIA for a more task specific view (as you stated above) 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@ChrisWeidner We ran into this same issue today, so thank you so much for having posted this and your solution. We don’t have many projects that require an AIA, but the ones we do all are multiple PO’s that have to be invoiced separately. For us, I’m assuming you’re the same, splitting these out into multiple projects is unfeasible. Have you had any issues since recoding the AIA report? Thanks! 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved