Solved

Accrue cost on Projects -- would like to use a drop ship method if possible

• 10 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi All--

I have been searching for various process methods to accrue costs on a project until we’re ready to invoice and so far I’ve found (1) best outcome and another (2) that semi-works but realizing day by day, it’s not going to work.

(1)

This method will have users create a Project with Inventory Tracking = ‘Track by Project Quantity and Cost’ 

Then create PO using STOCK items, this is a must, where Type = ‘Normal’

Then create PO Receipt, this will DEBIT INV and CREDIT ACCRUE PURCH

Then create AP Bill, this will DEBIT ACCRUE PURCH and CREDIT AP

Then create Issue, where Cost Layer = ‘Project’, this will DEBIT COGS and CREDIT INV (Sweet spot)

Then create AR Invoice, where DEBIT AR and CREDIT SALES

(2)

This method will have users create a Project with Inventory Tracking = ‘Tracking by Project Quantity’ or ‘Track by Location’ .. meaning ‘Track by Project Quantity and Cost’ will cause an error 

Then create PO using NON-STOCK items where Type = ‘Normal’

Then create PO Receipt, this will DEBIT INV and CREDIT ACCRUE PURCH

Then create AP Bill, this will DEBIT ACCRUE PURCH and CREDIT AP

Then create AR Invoice, where DEBIT AR and CREDIT SALES

Overall-- Method (1) is what was thought up from implementation team and what I’ve seen another community user post about as well however the issue for us is that we really don’t carry any inventory and 95% of our business is drop ship to site until ready to be used so I’m trying very hard to find a solution that will act like this method however use NON-STOCK and or drop ship of stock item… thus the reason I came up with Method (2). HOWEVER…. running the project with this method… leaves that non-stock item stuck where it’s still in ‘inventory’ account and never am able to DEBIT COGS and CREDIT iINV 

Does anyone have thoughts or ideas or similar issues? All comments and thoughts welcome!

icon

Best answer by Heidi Dempsey 14 November 2022, 18:42

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@charltonh  Thanks for the questions!  Method #1 is correct.  Method 2 is used with Sales orders.

On the non stock item, on the price/cost tab there is a check box for accrue costs:

Here is how this box works-

We do also have Project Drop Ship and on each project you determine when the expense will hit.

On project the project then check the default settings check out your settings:

https://help.acumatica.com/(W(1))/Help   Here is more information as well.  Hope all this helps

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved