Solved

What I want is a business event to automatically update the PAYMENT METHOD and CASH ACCOUNT for any OPEN DOCUMENT for a vendor, whenever the VENDOR settings are changed for these two fields.

• 16 October 2023
  • 8 replies

How will I update in Bills and Adjustment's Screen Payment Method and Cash Account?

icon

Best answer by Laura02 17 October 2023, 02:36

View original

8 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

I recommend leaving Cash Account blank on the vendor profile records, and instead defaulting the Cash Account for each Company/Branch and each Payment Method in Banking → Payment Methods screen.

Configured as recommended, when a Bill is entered for any vendor, the Payment Method will default from the vendor, then the Cash account will default from the Payment Method and company/branch combination. With this configuration, no vendors need to be updated if the company changes banks.

There are ways to mass update Vendors’ Cash accounts using Generic Inquiry settings (search this community for “Mass Update”). Changes to Vendors’ payment methods may also be imported with import scenarios.

Please add your Idea to the Ideas section of this Community: option to update open documents (prompt or checkbox option) when Payment Method of a Vendor is updated.

I haven’t worked with Business Events much, but will try to give you some ideas, as a start:  I think the first step of creating your  Business Event is to configure a Generic Inquiry that contains all Vendors whose Payment Methods were recently changed. Then, create a Business event that acts on new records that appear in the GI. Another community member may be able to add more details & instructions for you, to help you accomplish your Business Event.

Laura

Hello, @Laura02 

Thank you for your response

When I create a new bill adjustment entry, the payment method and cash account comes automatically from the vendor profile. But if I make any changes to the payment method and cash account in the vendor profile, it will not be updated. 

I have also checked the mass updates for GI; it is not updating.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

How will I update in Bills and Adjustment's Screen Payment Method and Cash Account?

I dont think we have an option to configure the Business events for this type of requirement, better to go with customization.

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

As @Laura02 suggested a Business Event should do it.

You need to create a GI to show Open document (for all Vendors) and also show on this GI add the Vendors payment method and Cash Account. You can use the conditions on the GI to show where the document is different to the Vendor

This GI will then become the basis of a Business Event and you will set it to look for record inserted.

You will then create an import scenario using the information on the GI to update the open documents.

It will not update any existing records but if a vendors payment/cash account is changed and there is an open document then it will trigger and update it.

Thank you very much for your help @Laura02 

Yes, Business Event has done it.

As per your instructions, I have created an GI, business event, and import scenario. It is working as expected.

Hi @Laura02 ,

Yesterday it was working, but it is not working. The changes are not getting updated automatically. Can you please share the business event and Import scenario screenshot?

Thank you.

Badge +18

Hello @carmelinem89 ,

On Saturday I posted the step by step instructions for using Mass Actions features of Generic Inquiries to update fields such as Cash Accounts on AP Bills in the Reports & Generic Inquires area of Acumatica Community.

Laura

@Laura02  Thanks for your response I really appreciate it. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved