Solved

Reports run via Automation Schedules with Email settings configured in Template aren't logged

• 25 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hello,

I have a report that’s emailed out weekly. Everything is working fine with this report but there’s never any record of it in the All Emails page. I have to resort to Office 365 Message Trace to confirm that the email was actually sent. 

Is there a way to enable logging of such emails so they are viewable in All Emails?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by AndreaGrover35 23 September 2022, 09:37

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @RoyceLithgo Automation schedule that you have used the Business Event automation schedule OR have you created a new custom processing screen (created automated scheduler for this), where you have written the logic to trigger emails from this screen?

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @RoyceLithgo Automation schedule that you have used the Business Event automation schedule OR have you created a new custom processing screen (created automated scheduler for this), where you have written the logic to trigger emails from this screen?

@Naveen Boga it’s a standard report (AR Aging MC) with a saved template which has the Email Settings filed in. The template is then Scheduled via the “Schedule Template” button. It’s just a standard Automation Schedule. 

Business Events that trigger Email Notifications are being recorded.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @RoyceLithgo 

Could you please try the elow-Highlighted option once from your end and check

Could you please confirm here Emails are sent to the customer but those are not showing in “ All emails” tab

If that is the case there might be an issue with the Email account configured.

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

You might try to log in as admin and see if it’s just filtered out in your view. I know that there are some inquiries like opportunities and tasks that disappear if an owner is not assigned. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I opened a case similar to this and was given this response:

This was implemented starting in 20R2, and is specified in release notes as well as the following help article. https://help-2020r2.acumatica.com/(W(1))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=59d32d60-ccc5-471e-bb6a-b03ef60a3318

I have built a KB around this with complete instructions on new process (using business events), this method is preferable due to Send Reports' inability to track emails within the Acumatica system. The new method enables the ability to keep track of those emails being sent. Definitely take a look and let me know if any issues getting this set up using the new automation process and I would be more than happy to assist!

https://community.acumatica.com/installation-and-configuration-14/after-an-upgrade-to-acumatica-erp-2020-r2-and-later-automation-schedules-for-sending-reports-could-stop-working-5618

I have successfully converted all my scheduled report templates to business events and they work well and are tracked.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved