Solved

Printing a ZPL file from a Mac

• 23 February 2021
  • 2 replies

We are using the Shipengine integration for shipping in Acumatica. For label printers the website teaches you to create a batch file on a windows using the below code.

Does anyone know the translation of this code if we were using a MAC instead of a windows?

icon

Best answer by Gabriel Michaud 26 February 2021, 15:54

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I can’t answer your question but, at my work, we solved this issue by purchasing This Mac Driver which does all the work for you. There is also a free driver but the quality is pretty bad, unusable really.

So if you can’t get the code translated this might be helpful to you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Jyutrzenka these instructions were written a long time ago; the preferred way to print labels is to use Acumatica DeviceHub. Here’s an article from Acumatica MVP @brianstevens that talks about it: https://www.acumatica.com/blog/printing-custom-barcode-labels-with-acumaticas-device-hub/

DeviceHub is a Windows-only app at this time, however it doesn’t have to run on the same computer as the one you’re using to connect to Acumatica; as long as the printer is accessible through the network, DeviceHub will be able to print to it. There are sub-$200 miniature PCs running Windows 10 that you could effectively use as print servers for your organization.

Finally, given the relative simplicity of DeviceHub I think it would be possible to port it to Mac. I’m the original author of DeviceHub and would gladly volunteer to do that if I was still involved in this project, sounds like a fun Friday project 😉. I’ve been using a MacBook Pro as my primary device for years.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved