Solved

Multifactor Authentication with Authenticator App

• 14 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’d like to setup Multi-factor authentication for all users in our tenant. I see options for sending an email or SMS but I would prefer using an authenticator app such as Microsoft Authenticator. Is this possible and I’m just not finding how to set this up?

icon

Best answer by estebanperalta54 14 April 2023, 21:41

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @jsieber check out this article that explains the process: https://www.acumatica.com/blog/technical-tuesday-multi-factor-authentication-via-single-sign-on-acumatica-cloud-erp/

Userlevel 2
Badge

@estebanperalta54 Thanks, I did look at the SSO option and will look into it further. I was hoping that in the year 2023 Acumatica would support native multi-factor authentication without using email or adding your own SMS service. For security reasons, supporting authenticator apps out of the box really crucial.

Userlevel 2
Badge

To follow up, I’ve found that the Acumatica Mobile App can be used for native multi-factor authentication.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved