Solved

Item Numbering Sequence that has independent Auto-Numbering per Prefix

• 16 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi All,

One of our clients has a requirement to have Prefixes to choose from or to type in that have independent Autonumbering Sequences behind it.

I know we can handle part of it through Segmented Keys and Values, yet the Autonumbering is Global.

What we would need to have is the following:

AAA0001

AAA0002

BBB0001

CCC0001

AAA0003

CCC0002

I hope this makes sense.

Are there any solutions in native Acumatica or some recommendations on how to customize this?

icon

Best answer by Hannah Barnes 16 November 2022, 18:39

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @krausef77 

It can be helpful may be https://asiablog.acumatica.com/2018/05/auto-numbering-customization.html#:~:text=AutoNumber%20Attribute%20generates%20new%20number,ing%20events%20except%20(RowSelecting).

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi krausef77!

In general, if you are setting up numbering sequences that will use multiple prefixes you can follow the steps below.

In the steps provided, there is an added layer of configuration where I am assigning different prefixes to branches. 

Steps:

Use Revision Two Products - Product Wholesale and Revision Two Capital to test numbering sequences

Numbering Sequence setup (for production orders for example):

Warehouse WHOLESALE / PRODWHOLE branch:

Warehouse TEST 2 / Capital branch:

Results:

While logged in to Branch Revision Two Capital, create a production order for AMKEURIG45.

- AMKEURIG45 uses Warehouse WHOLESALE

- It uses the Numbering Sequence for branch, Revision Two Capital - BC-000001:

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thanks for the resource. We will explore this in more detail

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi krausef77!

In general, if you are setting up numbering sequences that will use multiple prefixes you can follow the steps below.

In the steps provided, there is an added layer of configuration where I am assigning different prefixes to branches. 

Steps:

Use Revision Two Products - Product Wholesale and Revision Two Capital to test numbering sequences

Numbering Sequence setup (for production orders for example):

Warehouse WHOLESALE / PRODWHOLE branch:

Warehouse TEST 2 / Capital branch:

Results:

While logged in to Branch Revision Two Capital, create a production order for AMKEURIG45.

- AMKEURIG45 uses Warehouse WHOLESALE

- It uses the Numbering Sequence for branch, Revision Two Capital - BC-000001:

I hope this helps!

Hi Hannah, 

Thanks for the input. It seems like the pictures/screenshots are not available currently.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@krausef77 

I re-added the screenshots in case that helps. :)

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved