Solved

Issues with local instance installation (Windows 11)

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Colleagues,

please help with an issue I have when trying to install Acumatica local demo instance on my new laptop. Here is the error:

icon

Best answer by vkumar 19 January 2023, 04:55

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @aborisova37 

Can you please make sure that you are given the correct SQL credentials (username and password)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @aborisova37 

Along with what @jinin mentioned, please make sure that you have enabled all the correct settings for Windows features:

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @aborisova37  Do you have an installed MS SQL server on your computer? if yes, please provide the proper Server name instead of (local), sometimes, (local) might not work.

and provide the correct MS SQL server credentials. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Naveen Boga thank you for the quick reply.

I am a dummy when it comes to the hardware :(  How do I find the server’s name? Looks like the SQL Server was not installed correctly? see below.  Do you know if Windows 11 works with Server 2019?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @aborisova37 

If you look in your Control Panel, Programs/Features, do you see Microsoft SQL Server installed on your Windows 11 machine?  If so, look and see if you can open SQL Management Studio from your Start menu.  If you are able to open SQL Management Studio, you should be able to connect to your local instance using the name of your computer which can be found in Control Panel, System

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@DavidEichner Thank you so much, David! I checked it and it looks like it is installed.

MySQL is SQL Express so I entered it as recommended in the training. The installation went great, but the instance is not opening. See the attached PDF with the path.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Error: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@aborisova37  When you try to open the Instance, Acumatica is looking for the server to login but it could not able to find the server.

Do you have installed Visual Studio in your computer? if yes, you can check the SQL Server details in the Web.Config and modify if they were wrong.

Badge

Hi.  You cannot install Acumatica on Windows 11 due to issue with Windows 11 not recognising MS-SQL server. (Database Engine Services)

This was my finding when I tried to install Acumatica on Windows 11.

ERROR
Feature: Database Engine Services
Reason for failure: An error occurred during the setup process of the feature.
Next Step: Use the following information to resolve the error, uninstall this feature, and then run the setup process again.
Component name: SQL Server Database Engine Services Instance Features
Component error code: 0x851A001A
Error description: Wait on the Database Engine recovery handle failed. Check the SQL Server error log for potential causes.

CAUSE
During service startup, SQL Server begins the database recovery process to ensure database consistency.  Part of this database recovery process involves consistency checks on the underlying filesystem before attempting the activity of opening system and
user database files.  On systems running Windows 11, some new storage devices and device drivers will expose a disk sector size greater than the supported 4 KB sector size.

When this occurs, SQL Server will be unable to start due to the unsupported file system as SQL Server currently supports sector storage sizes of 512 bytes and 4 KB.

SOLUTION FROM WINDOWS
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/sql/admin/troubleshoot-os-4kb-disk-sector-size

I had to downgrade my laptop back to Windows 10 and Acumatica can be installed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Put just the computer machine name in the server name field...and then click the button for Reload the List

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@saiful murad  Thanks for letting us know about Windows 11 and SQL Server.  I was thinking about upgrading to Windows 11 and I am now glad I decided against it.

Badge

@saiful murad  Thanks for letting us know about Windows 11 and SQL Server.  I was thinking about upgrading to Windows 11 and I am now glad I decided against it.

Yeah, I guess the ball is in Microsoft’s court ? 

Userlevel 1

I have Acumatica installed on Windows 11 and have did not run into issues when installing. I installed SQL from the below link with the most recent version of Acumatica 2022R2

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sql-server/developer-tools

Badge

I have Acumatica installed on Windows 11 and have did not run into issues when installing. I installed SQL from the below link with the most recent version of Acumatica 2022R2

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sql-server/developer-tools

Thanks.  Will try this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @aborisova37 

MS SQL installation may fail on windows 11 with specific SSD hardware. So, it may work on some based on the SSD used on specific system you are trying to install. There are several threads on web with regards to this issue. I have not been able to install on my laptop as well. Here is a link which would help. 

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/788826/unable-to-install-sql-server-on-windows-11

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thank you, colleagues!

Update: I was not able to connect the database, it’s way way out my expertise.

Hovewer, the Report designer app got installed and works just fine. That’s really sad that we are not able to install a demo instance on a laptop with Windows 11; this may lead to issues with new user trainings. 

Hope, this will get resolved soon.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved