Solved

Increase the size of folders in the lines detail of opportunity screen

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello:

In many screens we can upload files but the size is 1 GB and now I know for Acumatica that can be increased to 2 GB, with this articule:

Next

But we need in the screen of opportunities for line upload 2 GB, ¿is it possible with the articule top?

Thank you 

icon

Best answer by Laura02 31 August 2022, 19:25

View original

15 replies

Badge +16

Hi, I think you are looking for File Upload Preferences.

Badge +10

In addition to Laura’s answer, the article you read is for snapshots, which has nothing to do with what you’re after. Changing the Max File Upload to 2,097,152 should allow exactly 2 GB.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thank you so much for your support, but the size in that screen [File Upload Preference] is 1,048,576, it is not enough, for that we can increase the size to 2,097,152 in the web.config. THis is my understood.

Best regard    

Userlevel 4
Badge

Dary, I cannot change 1048,576 in the screen [File Upload Preference], I suppose that changing the web.config to 2,097,152, it can work in the screen  [File Upload Preference].

Userlevel 4
Badge

What is your opinion?

Badge +10

Could you post a screenshot of why you can’t change it? Are you getting an error?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Could you post a screenshot of why you can’t change it? Are you getting an error?

This could be a user permission that needs to allow you to change it. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thank you so much for your help.

I change to 2,097,152 in [File Upload Preference]

Please see next 2 screenshot

Best regards

If i try to upload a file:

Badge +10

That is the only place in my web.config file where that exact number exists. It stands to reason that changing that to 2097152 could allow what you’re wanting. You may need to restart the Internet Information Services service after that change. I forget if that happens automatically or not.

Badge +10

While you’re at it, you could make it 5,242,880 (5 GB) 😎  The File Upload Preferences will still regulate it.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thank you very much.

I will request this change from Acumatica, and they will probably make it during non-working hours and then I will have to test and see if it really does what we require.

It was a pleasure working with you, see you soon

Best regards

Badge +10

If you’re dealing with files that large, you may want to ask Acumatica about External File Storage options like Amazon AWS. It’s much cheaper than a large Acumatica database.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Dary: 

Acumatica told me that 2 GB is the recomend value, more not.

5,242,880 will great, but it can bring problems?

Best regards

Badge +10

You could ask them for the reason behind that answer. If it is being stored in the database, I believe SQL has some limitations for file sizes. Regardless, files that large will take a while to upload / download unless you have super fast internet.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thank you

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved