Solved

How to llink Shipping Terms to Ship Via Codes

• 12 February 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I expect this is a coding job for our VAR, but is there an efficient way to update the Shipping Terms on a sales order per selection of the Ship Via?  We charge the customer a different percentage of our shipping cost depending on the shipping method.  In an ideal world (for us) the Break Amount field in Shipping Terms would be a Ship Via field instead.  Ideas?

TIA,

Nathan in NJ USA

icon

Best answer by ChandraM 13 February 2023, 02:51

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @NathanKahn The best way to handle is to have the shipping terms same as shipping methods. Configure each Shipping Term with the proper % (or fixed amount) of padding. 
In the Sales Order Screen, when the user selects the proper Shipping Term, the freight price will be populated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @NathanKahn Please find the more details of the scenario created in my local instance for you.

1. Created Shipping Terms with 20% Margin

1. Created Sales Order
  1. Selected the Shipping as FEDEXGRND in the Sales Orders - > Shipping Tab

4.Shop for Rate and Selected Fedex Ground

5.Navigate to the Totals Tab and review the Freight Cost and Freight Price. The Freight price on the Totals Tab will be displayed with the Margin 120%.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @NathanKahn Please find the below working proving that the Freight price is properly padded by 120%.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Chandra, thank you very much for this clear reply.  What you have described above is my default.  Fedex Ground delivery and 20% surcharge added for the customer.

But let’s say for Fedex Priority I want to add 30%.  So I make a Shipping Terms for Priority with 130% freight cost.  Now, when somebody is entering a sales order and the customer requested Priority shipping, the person entering must not only change the Ship Via, but they have to remember to also change the Shipping Terms.  That’s why I wish the Terms could be linked automatically, so if you change the Ship Via then it changes to the corresponding Terms as well.  I don’t think this is possible, I think the person just has to remember to change both.  But if there could be a way, it would help to prevent mistakes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @NathanKahn, Yes the user has to remember the step to change the Shipping Terms immly after selecting the Fedex Priority.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Nathan, So if the volume of such Sales Order creation is high, then have the SOP created for the users shipping terms same as shipping methods. And also the steps to configure each Shipping Term with the proper % (or fixed amount) of padding. 
In addition, you can have a very simple Customization(only if required)
 - In the Sales Order Screen, when the user selects the proper Shipping Method, the Shipping term should be populated to the corresponding Shipping Term.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you, yes, that’s what I thought.

The volume won’t be high, 2-3 per day that are not Fedex Ground.

I will leave it so the user must make the change.  I was just wondering if there are any other ideas or possibilities, and you answered that questions above.

Thanks,

Nathan

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@NathanKahn  Thanks for your confirmation. Glad to hear that we are in the same page.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved