Solved

How to give a role access to Contacts and Notification Recipients

• 12 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I need to give one of our roles access to add contacts, and to add contacts as a recipient to emails (such as Order Confirmation), while having view only for everything else regarding customers.

If I give the role edit access on the Customer node, the role gets the access I want. So, I am assuming the access is somewhere within the customer node.

But, I can’t find which sub-node or nodes needs to be set.
Can anyone give guidance?

icon

Best answer by rcreasy 7 December 2023, 14:51

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @rcreasy  Requesting you to provide some screen shots on the access rights you are looking for the new user role.

If you are looking for the Contacts node, please find the below screenshot:

Userlevel 3
Badge

@ChandraM Thank you for the response.
On the node in your screenshot, my role has insert. On parent nodes, the role has view only.

Userlevel 3
Badge

The only way I have been able to accomplish what I want is to give delet access at the Customers and and Customer node, the reduce rights on all subnodes, except those where I want access.
This method cannot possibly be the way the access I want is supposed to be accomplished.
Can anyone offer any other solutions?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @rcreasy were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Chris Hackett I have found nothing other than what I mentioned earlier. It is a very tedious process.

Give delete access at the Customers and and Customer nodes, then reduce rights on all subnodes, except those where I want to grant access.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved