Skip to main content
Solved

GL Mapping for Credit Memos

As Controller, I am looking for credit memos to hit a different GL than my sales.  I have been informed that Acumatica cannot do this.  I don’t believe it.  Can someone please direct me how to do this?  Second, I have items that are not inventory related and would like to direct those sales to ‘Other Sales’.  Can someone help with that?

Regards,

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi,

If your credits are entered via the sales orders screen, the GL account can be different.

You then require reason codes for items credited. Then, the GL account can be different for each reason. specified at the line detail level.

As for the non-stock, you can define a GL account specific for each of them or at the posting class level.

If you are not using either stock or non-stock, you should then specify the GL sales account from the customer location being Other Sales.

Which of the columns determine what GL will be hit?  As far as I can tell, 4000 (Sales) is the only account being hit. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi,

Let’s go back a bit.

The order type will determine the source of the GL account used for sales. For Credit memos, I would use Reason Code.

Then, form the Order Types screen, the reason code must be made required to make sure users won’t forget to specify the reason why the credit memos are made.

You create reason codes to justify the credit memos. For example, I created some reason codes using different GL accounts for sales and for COGS.

Users will have to select a reason code from the listed filtered for 2 usages, either Sales or Issues.

The usage Sales will only affects the Sales GL account as opposed to Issue where it will affect the Sales GL account as well as the COGS GL account. When no sales account is defined, it will ask the user to enter one otherwise, he won’t be able to release the transaction.

At the Sales Orders entry screen, the reason code will be mandatory and by selecting one, the corresponding GL account for sales will be used.