Skip to main content

Hi all,

I have a local instance set up for training (Build 24.112.0026), and I am seeing the following message on the Transactions and Profiles tab after performing a Universal Search:

The search by a phrase or a list of keywords might not work because the Full-Text Search feature is not enabled. Contact an administrative user to enable the feature.

I have run ‘Process All’ on the ‘Rebuild Full-Text Entity Index’ screen, and I have also tried the ‘Restart Full-Text Search’ option, but I am still seeing the warning.

Anyone seen this before or know how to deal with it?

@davecrewe17 Have you restarted the environment after doing rebuild?

Did you enabled the feature?

Hi Manikanta,

I did not restart, I didn’t think a restart was necessary. However I have just restarted and rebuilt, and the warning is still there. 

With regard to enabling the feature, my understanding was that ‘Process All’ on the ‘Rebuild Full-Text Entity Index’ screen would do that. I don’t see the feature on ‘Enable/Disable Features’

@davecrewe17 

Here is the knowledgebase document on this.

After going through the steps, it is likely you will need to do a restart application.

Hope this helps.

Ed

Thanks Ed, but as I mentioned I have already performed the Restart Full-Text Search, which is the only step that the KB article offers for R2022 onwards.

Hi Manikanta,

I did not restart, I didn’t think a restart was necessary. However I have just restarted and rebuilt, and the warning is still there. 

With regard to enabling the feature, my understanding was that ‘Process All’ on the ‘Rebuild Full-Text Entity Index’ screen would do that. I don’t see the feature on ‘Enable/Disable Features’

@davecrewe17 

have you done the below shown one 

Yes, I have done that. I mentioned this in the original post…

“I have run ‘Process All’ on the ‘Rebuild Full-Text Entity Index’ screen, and I have also tried the ‘Restart Full-Text Search’ option, but I am still seeing the warning.”

Hello @davecrewe17 

Step 1: Run the following MS SQL script to determine does the full-text search enabled on the database server.

SELECT *

FROM   sys.fulltext_indexes 

If this query returned an empty result, then the full-text search is disabled.

Step 2: Run the following MS SQL script to enable the full-text search.

EXEC Pp_disablefulltext

go

EXEC Pp_enablefulltext 

I was wondering if that was OK to run in 2024 version, as the other link suggests that it is for 2022 and earlier.

• I ran the first SQL and the result was empty. 
  • I ran the second SQL and get the following:

(101705 rows affected)

(0 rows affected)

(11880 rows affected)

Completion time: 2024-10-17T10:35:48.7081348-06:00

• I ran the first command again, and it’s still empty, and I still have the same problem in the UI.
  • I restarted the application but I still have the same issue.

Thanks,

Dave.