Solved

Form Customization

Hi, looking for help on customizing invoice and sales order forms. I’d like to add the existing customer phone number and email address to the printed form. 

icon

Best answer by mikeschmitt81 3 June 2022, 17:22

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Dani

Do you have a mock-up of where you'd like to add the fields?

You can make the changes using Report Designer

Here’s an example using the Billing Contact Phone number.  Add the text box and select the Phone1 field.

Here is some additional info on Report Designer

Printed forms are developed with the Acumatica Report Designer app. You can use this app for modifying existing forms as well.

Here is link to the documentation https://help-2021r1.acumatica.com/(W(17))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=24b77bbe-0eb3-4d37-9350-071ae5743571

Also, you can reference the S150 Report Designer course at Open Uni https://openuni.acumatica.com/courses/reporting/s150-reporting-report-designer/

Mike

Where do I find the report designer? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Dani

You’ll need to download Acumatica Tools from builds.acumatica.com and download the version specific to your build.  

Example:

Here is a link to how to install Acumatica ERP Tools

https://help-2022r1.acumatica.com/(W(2))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=6b8a047e-4a7c-435f-b30c-265509560a70

The Report Designer utility takes some time to learn however lots of great on-line videos and tutorials are available

Let me know if you need some help

Mike

Userlevel 2
Badge

Dani

One tip, ensure your User ID has the Report Designer role.  This will allow you to edit a report from the screen

Be sure to save to a NEW version (there will be a checkbox in Report Designer) when you save the report) and always select the report from the Report Versions tab if you want to make more changes.   

Save often!  

I recommend you make changes to a test tenant and once working move the report to the live tenant 😁

Especially as you are doing your first few reports

Mike

My user ID does not have the “Edit Report” button on it. Is this in the user roles?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Dani

ReportDesigner is one of the pre-defined roles.  You can always open the report directly from Report Designer - just need the URL and Report ID - having the ability to edit the report from the screen makes it quicker to open the report .  Go to Users, select your User ID and select the ReportDesigner role.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Dani,

When saving the changes and selecting Save to Server, enter a description and select Save as new version

You should always save a copy to your local drive in case the changes break the report and it cannot be run.  You’ll be able to restore the original version 

Then to make more changes later, on the Report Versions tab of the form, highlight the version and click Edit Version.   You can also delete it.

Be sure to take some time to review the training material.

Mike

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved