Solved

Extend segmented keys

• 11 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2

Hello all, 

how can I extend the length of a segmentation key from 10 to 12 when data has already been created? When I try it, it comes to this error message: 

icon

Best answer by Laura02 11 May 2023, 14:33

View original

1 reply

Badge +18

Hello @AnastasiaSchroeder88 ,

In the Numbering Sequence GESCHKONT, how many digits are in Start/End Number, Last Number, and Warning Number? Expand to 12 if these numbers show fewer (especially END number; I believe the numbers will roll automatically from 6 digits to 7 when Last Number 999999 is reached and End number looks like 9999999999, for example).

If the digits are already 12, then try temporarily removing auto-number.  Can you make the change to 12 digits with auto-number off and ending number set to 12 digits?

Are there any projects in the system with more than 12 characters in the project id? Sometimes it’s difficult to know because when segment length is already set to a shorter number. We can figure out the real length with a GI column that uses the Length function =LEN([InventoryCD)]  . 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved