Solved

Enabling Hold option for Expense Claim

• 20 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello all,

i have been trying to allow the approver of expense claim to be able to change the document on Hold even after it’s approved but before releasing so that they can edit the particular doc. I tried to modify the Access rights by setting the Hold = Edit

but it still doesn’t allow the employees with Approver role to change the expense claim doc back to hold after approving the doc. How can I get this done?

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by meganfriesen37 25 March 2024, 16:14

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

To my knowledge the only way to place the approved Expense Claim back on hold is for the “Claimed By” user/login to do it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello all,

i have been trying to allow the approver of expense claim to be able to change the document on Hold even after it’s approved but before releasing so that they can edit the particular doc. I tried to modify the Access rights by setting the Hold = Edit

but it still doesn’t allow the employees with Approver role to change the expense claim doc back to hold after approving the doc. How can I get this done?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Harry ,

I do not see such an option in the current system to change specific fields on approved documents, and probably it will require customization.

To edit the document it needs to be put on hold which will reset approval process, so if there were other approvers before and after editing the document conditions are still true, they'll need to approve it again

I found an existing feedback idea, please review and vote on it;
https://community.acumatica.com/ideas/approval-rejection-should-retain-history-and-have-option-to-not-require-re-approvals-1852

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Access to change a Time Card or Expense Claim is determined by your position on the Company tree.  So if you are above an employee on the company tree (i.e. their manager) you can edit their time cards and expense claims and put them back on hold etc.

If you are not above the employee on the company tree, the only way you can edit a time card or expense claim is if you are set up as an Expense Receipts and Expense Claims Delegate for the approval, you can put it back on hold and edit it for them.  (on the Delegates tab of the Employees screen).

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved