Solved

Departing Users and Employees

• 1 March 2021
  • 4 replies

What are the best practices for when Employees/Users leave your company?

How long should you keep salespersons in the system as inactive and can you eventually delete them?

Should you set a user to disabled rather than deleting them?

If you delete either a salesperson or a user, does this cause issues in data they might be tied to?

icon

Best answer by Andy Smith 6 March 2021, 18:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I just had this issue come up.  Was able to inactivate and delete an employee that was assigned as an owner of a task and a lead.  I’ve logged a support case to confirm that I’m not missing something.

My thinking is that you’d want to inactivate, but not delete departing employees that are linked to other entities.  

•  At a minimum you shouldn’t be able to delete a record resulting in orphaned linked records.  For example, the system prevents you from deleting a customer if it has sales orders linked to it.
  • Ideally, if you inactivate an employee with links, it should warn you.  Even more ideally, provide a feature to reassign those to a manager or other employee.

Maybe this has been discussed before, but I haven’t found it on the portal.  Interested in other perspectives, and will post support’s reply to my case. 

Thanks - Andy

Userlevel 3
Badge

Just to follow up:  Support confirms that the system will allow deletion of employee records that are linked as the Owner of a Task, Purchase Requisition, etc.

I think this should be prevented, both for data integrity, and for consistency with other areas (customer/sales order relationships as an example).

Thanks,

Andy

My case is User is Disabled but he created few documents like debit adjustments and invoices.

Those documents are even approved, now the other user who sufficient rights but still not able to release the documents.

Error - An error occured during processing of the field Owner value 101855 EP Error: The status of the employee 'P200' is 'Inactive'

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @ag41 

Further processing of document with an inactive employee set as ‘owner’ causes an issue. Processed/ closed documents wont throw any error, user can view them even after deactivating the user. 

Regards,

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved