Skip to main content

Kicking the tires on the Project Inventory support in 2024R2 as we’ve needed that capability for three years. So excited to see the progress. However the upgrade process seems to be losing/orphaning inventory records during the process.

Background: our 22.117.0016 system has 9,000 inventory records with non-zero quantity, 6,000 records across projects, another 3,000 in ProjectX (e.g. unspecified, I think Acumatica is now calling that “free stock”). After upgrade to 24.201.0052 (by way of 23.119.0015), the Project Inventory Quantity and Cost GI shows just 2,677 records, only 300 of which are non-zero (which is particularly weird, as I wouldn’t generally expect qty on hand to be zero in the GI).

My initial thought was the GI is just broken, but digging deeper it appears that there is something not working right with the conversion from the old project stock to the new concept of project stock.

Is there documentation on how this conversion should work, and/or any documented dependencies for what state that stock needs to be in to successfully convert? In 99% of our cases, the stock isn’t allocated against anything, as we purchase for the project, then issue to production orders as they get (manually) scheduled for production.

Thanks!

I should clarify: this is a clean test system where we did a DB backup/restore and ran it through the upgrade cycle -- which generally went off without a hitch (a few incompatible customizations unrelated to the above issue which was fully expected). So it’s not a production system. But Inventory is “broken” after only doing the described upgrade cycle. 

Hello, it’s me -- from the future.  🤣