Solved

can't establish connection to the database server

• 17 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello everyone,
I'm trying to connect Sql server in a DB server to App server so as to create the application ERP but i get this error.
Kindly assist.

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)
 --------------------------------------
 Inner Exception:
 The network path was not found

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 17 May 2023, 18:24

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

are you able to ping your DB server, sql service from erp server? Error seems to be network related. I would first try to see if you can ping/reach both servers back and forth.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @development93  Please check the below options.

1. Check SQL Server service is running
  2. Make sure that Allow Remote Connections is enabled on sql server properties
  3. Configure to allow SQL Server in Firewall Settings
  4. Make sure that you can ping the SQL Server
Userlevel 4
Badge

SQL server service is running, remote connection is enabled, I enabled required ports on the firewall.I can connect to the sql server using username and password in DB server.
When I ping the DB server from ERP server I get response but when ,I ping ERP server from the DB server- No response.
I.e

Userlevel 4
Badge

are you able to ping your DB server, sql service from erp server? Error seems to be network related. I would first try to see if you can ping/reach both servers back and forth.

DB server cannot reach ERP server,
But
ERP server is getting a reply from DB server by ping

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi@RohitRattan88 and @Naveen Boga , you were both right , I cross-checked what you had pointed pointed out. Reconfigured TCP/IP in sql server and Everything worked.

Thanks alot

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved