Solved

Auto Numbering format violates the segment format. Segmented Key: 'PROJECT' Segment: '1'.

• 24 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi,

I am trying to update the numbering sequence for the Projects screen, but I am running into the error shown below.

Here is what Segment 1 looks like. Is there anything that jumps out at you to justify why the above error was complaining about the format?

Also, if I was to make a change to any of the attributes in the segment grid, I get the error that is shown below. Does this mean that I can’t make changes to this without making changes to the children first?

Let me know if you need any other information.

Kind regards,

Andrew

icon

Best answer by Laura02 25 October 2023, 00:44

View original

5 replies

Badge +18

Hello @AndrewA ,

Did you notice this post by Acumatica explaining how to solve the same error with Business Accounts?  Business Accounts also have children numbering sequences that all must be the same length:

The answers are similar, even though you are working with projects:  align numbering for all related entities to use the same number of characters in their numbering sequences.

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Laura,

Thanks for your response. I don’t have access to any community links, as shown in the image below, so is there a way I can have access to this section?

If not, could you please send through some information from that article that I could use to resolve this issue?

Kind regards,

Andrew

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @AndrewA  - You are registered in the community as a guest. In order to access customer/partner areas, you need to have your business account administrator add you with the appropriate role.

Badge +18

Hi AndrewA,

This is the main point of the Acumatica article that you can't see:

To resolve the error, the numbering sequences for Companies, Vendors, Customers, and Employees must be configured to use the same number of characters as the longest sequence already assigned.

In your case, Project, Contract, TMProject and TMContract numbering sequences must all be the same length and no shorter than the longest existing project id, contract id, etc.

HTH

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Laura,

Thanks for sending that through, I will give that a go.

Kind regards,

Andrew

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved