Skip to main content
Solved

Approval Reassignment Notification

• 30 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Does the Pending Approval Notification template get sent again when an approval is reassigned or delegated?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @kristybrooks83 

You would control the conditions in which the Pending Approval notification is sent by going to the Trigger Conditions tab of the Business Event.

Best,

David

Userlevel 2
Badge

@DavidEichner I don’t have a Business Event. I was wondering if the system notification for the initial approval would resend upon reassignment of the approval. I have tested it and I don’t believe it does, so I had to resort to a Business Event for the additional notification.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @kristybrooks83 

I guess I should clarify what version of Acumatica are you using?

On 23R2, there are Email templates that are then linked to Business events.  Find the email template for AP Bill Approval and then edit or create the business event to trigger the email.  Add the trigger conditions as seen below.  The key is the bracketed OR statement where it is looking for Status changed or record inserted combined with the AND statement for status = Pending Approval.

Best,

David

Hi @DavidEichner

Thanks for this post.  Based on your screenshot, I’m not clear on how the approval email notification gets sent to the person who was reassigned the approval.  Am I missing something or can you provide some more detail?  I can’t seem to get it to work.  It’s only sending the email to initial approver.

Note: I’m doing this for Purchase Orders.

Thanks,
Bob